woensdag 3 maart 2021

PFA March 2021

 

PFA challenge March 2021 Hand stitching by Julie B. Booth


I started by making some samples of handstitching. It was quite a lot of work to trace the lines to make a grid. I think it is so relaxing doing the stitches, that I even consider buying a special grid.


Then I processed 2 pieces of burlap with the february technique of Margarita Korioth and I chose one of them to put on a piece of fabric. This time I diluted the mod podge with lots of water on a piece of baking paper and it worked well. The white burlap is to thick, I chose the brown one.



 I made some stitches in the burlap to keep it tight.


I cut an insulating tube to make a kind of stamp to paint the flowers. And I added some stitches to make the stem and the flowers.



And some french knots in the middle of the flowers.

I finished the fabric postcard with a fusible interfacing and attached the backing with a zig-zag.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten