maandag 8 februari 2021

PFA february 2021

 

February 2021 Cheescloth Skins by Margarita Korioth.

I didn’t know very well how to work this out. In the Netherlands the shops are closed until the 2nd of March and I think it’s to expensive to order on-line small things like freezer paper. So I searched for an alternative for freezer paper and read that the wrapping of printer paper could be used. And I tried, on both glossy sides of the wrapping paper. It worked more or less.

 

I rubbed something similar to mod podge on the cheese cloth I found in my stock. And I painted it with some diluted acrylic paint. I painted some purple color on bubble wrap and pressed it on the cheesecloth. I was quite happy with the result, but I couldn’t look through the cheese cloth. My cheese cloth wasn’t woven loosely enough, I think. 


I couldn’t use the printer-paper-wrapping a second time. I tried some more pieces of cheese-cloth on the surface I use to cut my fabric. I had to take it off very quickly, because it dried very fast. 





 Still not very transparent. I decided to try it with organza. It dried even faster in the air. 


I painted a butterfly with inktense pencils and decorated it with sequins. 

 

 



Cut out the different fabrics, embroidered it with my sewing machine and voilà! I should have used a different colour for the flower or the butterfly.

I was modestly enthousiast by this technique, probably because I didn’t have the appropriate fabric and means.






What do you want to do ?
New mail

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten